Thursday, December 8, 2011

Memories of our First Date

I am sitting at the exact table at the Starbucks where Tommy and I had out very first date. I am instantly flooded with beautiful memories from the two years we have been together. We've experience life and death, joys and sadness, victories and failures, laughter and tears, awesome family moments and not so awesome family moments, but most of all we have made it though with each other's help. As our two year anniversary approaches in January, it's so hard to believe that it has only been two years. It feels as if it has been a lifetime in such a good way. We have been through a lot these past two years, losing three precious family members and our special little guy Paxton, the birth of 4 of our 7 nieces and nephews, making new friends and saying goodbye to old ones, letting go of jobs and adventuring out to find new ones, the wedding of some dearest friends, spontaneous road trips to New York, Boston, Florida, and the beach in North Carolina. It's been a blast the entire way.

My most favorites moments of our relationships have been:

1.) Our spontaneous trip to Boston that happened within a 4 hour layover to New York. We left the airport, hopped on a bus, and discovered downtown Boston and the beauty that it holds. It was truly the most magical experience and I would give anything to do that again.

2.) Our very first trip together as a couple and we traveled to Florida. Tommy and I had only been dating about 3 months but he invited me on a family trip to Florida and I was so nervous about the trip but it turned out to be the most fun we have ever had. We went to the beach and went shopping, went out on a boat and saw dolphins, woke up early just to go to Starbucks. That trip I realized our relationship was the real deal.

3.) One Sunday we both called sick into work and played hooky. We started the day off having our own church at Starbucks which was so sweet and intimate and then we adventured down to the flea market or  "little Mexico"as we like to call it. It was so much fun! We explored antiques and ate interesting food and just spent the whole day together. At the time in our relationship our work schedules were crazy and we rarely got an entire day to spend with each other, making that time even more precious.

4.) Our proposal. This day truly felt like my fairytale coming true. I remember every detail from this day and it was the most special day that took so much planning and paying attention to details that Tommy made happen. It made me appreciate his creative side even more. (if you haven't seen the proposal see it here ProposalVideo )

I have realized that our best memories have either been spontaneous adventures that allowed our carefree personalities to shine, or they were at Starbucks.

I can't believe it's only been two years, it feels like a lifetime and I can't wait for 50 more years together.

I love you sweet love of my life. Only 5 more months to go until we are one.

No comments:

Post a Comment