Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Holidays are Approaching!


imgres.jpg

The smell of pine trees are filling the air. The weather is becoming chilled with each day that is passing, and even Santa Claus has made his way to Raleigh. 

I love Christmastime. Everyone is friendly and cheerful, you come together and celebrate each other. It's a holiday that is about giving to others instead of being concerned with yourself. There is a happiness that billows in the air. It's just a wonderful holiday. I cannot wait for Christmas this year, and to make it even more special I have someone truly wonderful to spend it with...Tommy Ray.  My grandparents are also coming to town and I cannot wait to see them, they are the funniest people I know. I crack up at their stories from back in the 50's when they first met and started dating. The best story is this.....After my Grandpa and Grandma just got married they were young, not even in their 20's yet so my Grandpa would walk home from work on his lunch break to go see my Grandma. She would be cooking for him and would always have french fries in the oven baking when he got there. Well, they would be so excited to see each other that they would start kissing or "necking" as they call it and they would burn the fries everytime! But they didn't care, they had each other. True love right there :) I can't wait for Christmas!! only 39 more days until it is here!!! 

With Christmas coming soon I have started making crafts and a good friend of mine, Emily, showed me the cutest way to make a card for someone for cheap! So I am going to blog about the process in a few days....stay tuned!! 

Merry Christmas Everyone!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment